Thursday, June 14, 2007

Kubica Sidelined For US Grand Prix

Unfortunately, exceedingly brave Polish F1 driver Robert Kubica has to sit out the US Grand Prix this weekend. Despite passing the physical & cognitive tests the FIA made him undergo, they are worried that should he have another accident so closely following his Canadian horror, the secondary concussion could prove more dangerous. Unfortunate indeed, but Robert proved himself a class act in the press conference today and even has an image of MY MAIN MAN in his helmet. (although he classily demurred when asked about it.)

Q: (Andrea Cremonesi – La Gazzetta dello Sport) A question for Robert. If you thought after accident, about the fact that you have the image of John Paul II in your helmet?
RK: I think it's quite personal question, so I will not comment. I mean I think it's not related to racing, so I keep it for myself.

No comments: