Friday, August 24, 2007

Razors

I've noticed something that really kind of pisses me off. I hate shaving (and I know I am not unique among men, or women, in that regard) but I purchase the latest and greatest in shaving technology, at every "evolution" of it. ("This one has 3 blades!", "This one is blue!", "This one has a battery in it!", "This one has FIVE blades!", "This one has 5 blades, a trimmer, AND a battery!") Well, I bought the five blade Gillette Fusion a while ago and I was STUNNED.
The shave was so close that the rubber guides would squeak on my face, like sneakers on a basketball court. HOWEVER, this was only the case for the 2 SAMPLES that came in the package with the razor - NOT the replacement blades. And I thought back to each iteration of new shaving technology at which I had marveled and realized, THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE! The blades that come with the razor are ridiculously great, and the replacement blades are just mediocre. Has anyone else noticed this? Does this also happen with ladies' razors? Infuriating... I guess the only thing to do is upgrade to the Gillette Fusion Power Phantom...

No comments: