Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hendrick's Costume Croquet Invitational

Okay... I've been very behind on the blog because I've been so busy with work. Will try and update it soon as I have a little free time. One event I meant to blog about was the "Hendrick's Gin Costume Bartender Croquet Competition" I was invited to participate in, thanks to Evan Wade.
This was an event Hendrick's sponsored for all of the bartenders in NYC who served Hendrick's Gin, and made for a nice transition from Jazz Fest. A great day despite the weather, featuring Hendrick's Gin specialty cocktails and costumed croquet (under the watchful eye of the President of the New York Croquet Club), with the winning team getting a trip to London to represent the USA in a larger, international bartender croquet competition. Naturally (and as always), I wanted to win. Unfortunately my partner took it upon himself to sample all of the specialty cocktails in pint-glass sized servings and was useless on the croquet pitch. However, while I scored all of our team's points (even, according to the Croquet Club's President, scoring "The Shot of the Day") and kept us in the running, my partner's antics did win us the award for "Most Unruly Team."

No comments: