Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Christmas Comes Early!!


Our dear friend Bruce has outdone himself.  I thought he had peaked when he sent me the pop-up "Moby Dick."  But then he got Matt & I tickets to see Colbert interviewed as part of the New Yorker Festival.  But NOW, a package arrived featuring this, an advanced copy DVD of "A Colbert Christmas" - Stephen Colbert's Christmas special that is not scheduled to air until late November!!  Wow...

A normal thank you didn't seem to suffice, so here is an excerpt from a thank you poem I just composed and sent to Bruce:

when what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but
"A Colbert Christmas" DVD, and I grinned ear-to-ear.
With a nice little note, written on a Post-It.
I was so thrilled, I did nearly sh*t.

There's a picture of Stephen, that jolly old elf
And I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself.
In Bing Crosby sweater, and a sport coat of red
Stephen is smoking a pipe, with perfect hair on his head.

A preview copy of his Special - the PERFECT gift
I can't tell you in words, what a tremendous lift
to my spirits this is, you dear sweet man
"
THANK YOU SO MUCH
Signed,
Colbert's #1 Fan."

Well done, Bruce.  Thank you so very much.

No comments: