Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Eton Soulra

As even the most casual reader of this blog knows, I stay away from product endorsements, movie reviews, etc. This blog is expressly for my amusement & keeping family and friends abreast of our wacky misadventures, while also documenting the growth of our beloved son. There are plenty of more valid sources out there for in-depth product evaluations, with much more credentialed and patient reviewers on staff.

However, a product has come along that has blown me away and I can't help but share. All of you certainly know how important music is to me and for years I have suffered through with fragile iPod speakers, the latest set getting downright ornery & ceasing to charge the iPod (a key feature) some time ago.

So a few weeks ago I ordered the Eton Soulra solar-powered iPod speaker set. It arrived last week & I took it out for its maiden voyage this past weekend with no less of a music expert than Milo Z listening with me. In short, it rocks.

The speakers & the iPod were both nearly fully charged when we started the day, but by opening the solar panel - it ran all day long without another charge. Simply awesome. And, with the solar panels closed, the unit becomes splash-proof so I didn't worry about the drizzly rain that started to come down on Sunday. The sound quality is better than "good enough" although I did notice some distortion / vibration with the bass at louder volumes, but no more so than with other portable iPod speaker sets.

Run do not walk - this is the perfect portable set for the beach, poolside, or wherever you need music. Which is to say, everywhere.

No comments: