Thursday, May 24, 2007

Stephen Colbert & Me - Part 1

Well, it's been quite a week in The Life Guzilla... In the span of one week, less than 7 days, I have had the immense pleasure of seeing 2 of my personal heroes. John McCain I mentioned previously and actually got to meet. He, of course, is an actual hero. But, thanks to the overwhelming generosity of JD, I was able to attend a benefit at Chelsea Piers last night for the Posse Foundation - an incredibly worthwhile cause. (In fact, in a later post, I will discuss the foundation. First I have to break the news to The Wife that I'm on the hook to them to raise $1.4 million over the next 3 years to open an office in New Orleans. Shh... Don't tell her...)

Not only was I blown away by the growth, success, and intentions of the Posse Foundation, but the keynote speaker was my comedic hero - Stephen Colbert. His genius, albeit brief, speech had everyone rolling and it was great to see him in person.

Thank you, JD - a great evening, in a great setting, for a great cause.

No comments: