Friday, June 13, 2008

See? I Told You So...

Speaking of my "Dead To Me" List... #1 is The Manatee. Someone recently asked me, "Why do you hate the manatee so much?"

I would think the answers would be obvious, and legion. But for those who have never stopped to think about it, they are useless creatures. Hideous, inedible, and they get in the way of boats. I refer to "the sea cow" as "Nature's speed bump." I also have to assume they take massive poos.

The fact that people would confuse these hideous beasts for mermaids also flicks my tail. Mermaids rule, manatees blow. The amount of energy that people exert to save this awful, awful creature is simply shocking to me and could be far better spent. And so, I really hate the manatee. (As Marvelous Matt S. said years back when I first explained my position, "Huh. You're kind of kidding, but kind of NOT!") You betcha. Screw the manatee.

I recently was pleased to get even more validation in my correct opinion from none other than my comedic hero, Stephen Colbert. Here is a photo of him punching a manatee dead in the face:

No comments: