Thursday, June 04, 2009

Colbert to Serve As Guest Editor of Newsweek

Comedic hero Stephen Colbert will be the first guest editor in the magazine's 76 year history.  Issue on shelves June 8th!

And here is an excerpt from a commencement speech he just made:










Stephen Colbertcomedian, Medical University of South Carolina: "Traditionally, commencement speakers dole out advice on life and careers to students. But I've made my career as an aggressively ignorant blowhard with a dismissive attitude toward knowledge in general and to science in particular. So, clearly I have no business in giving you any advice. ... Whenever I honestly, sincerely give young people advice ... the most common thing I say is go make mistakes. The best thing I ever did was to give myself permission to be wrong. I can't really give you that advice. It's irresponsible for me to tell graduates of a medical college to go out and make as many mistakes as you can."

No comments: