Friday, June 19, 2009

One for the Spotted Cat

Jazz Vipers

According to a NY Times.com blog entry today, one of our favorite New Orleans bars is no longer... A tragedy as the Spotted Cat played host to some of our favorite moments ("I _____ love you guys! No, it's true! I _____ love them and I should tell them!" my monkey yelled at the New Orleans Jazz Vipers and then at the entire crowd, instantly winning the entire room over... After a few purple voodoos at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop. Gano emotionally enjoying his request of the Vipers to play "Sleepytime Down South.")

We have seen the Vipers countless times, saw Glen David Andrews join them for one of my all-time favorite versions of St. James Infirmary ("When I die, put my cell phone on vibrate... So my ex-wife thinks I'm still alive.") and even danced alongside Laurence Fishburne there this year.

One for the Spotted Cat...

No comments: